Friday, October 18, 2013

A letter to him

I know it's not as likely that you think of me as often as I do you. That is, if you even bother to think of me at all anymore. However, I hope that if I ever do manage to cross your mind, even if its only for a second; that you smile.
I hope when you remember me, its the way I laughed at your jokes or held your hand. I hope you remember how you felt when you looked at me.
I know you've held a dozen more hands, and kissed many more lips, and breathed in a couple more scents than I. But I hope that when you think of me you remember when I slept in your arms and you stole all the blankets, and I teased you about it for a whole week.

I don't want you to remember the sadness, I wish that wasn't how you saw me.

I know you are no longer who you were. I know your ideas and personality has changed and I know you say you're cold and are used to disappointing people.

But I remember the way you smile. How you got those little wrinkles around your eyes when you laughed. I remember how you held my hand when you would drive. I remember when you told me you would be so lucky if you could even experience half the love your parents have for each other one day.

I know I'm a fool, because you disappeared a long time ago, and its been a few years since i've seen you. But I know deep down you're still there. Deep down there is still that beautiful smile that could light up a whole room.

I know before you left me for good you said that i would be the one who got away.

Well, you were the one that got away.

Because I fell in love with you when I was 17.

And deep down, I never stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment